Guys, I am going to be frank. How much ever you exercise at home, it will never be as strenuous as your day with full movements. By full movements I mean you commuting to work or going to the grocery or just stepping outside for a run or walk. It just isn’t the same.
On top of that you are eating more. It’s a fact. You are feeling a need to eat more to fill that void. Which in turn is leading you to feel fuller than ever before. Next you feel like you are getting sick of eating too much. Then there comes a need for a DETOX.
Here is the simplest ever DETOX RECIPE for khichdi. It has no onions or tomatoes and it’s so simple and easy on the stomach, that will leave you satisfied and refreshed.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. 🙂
Detox Khichdi Without Nightshades
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Five Spice Blend Equal parts of Cumin, Brown Mustard, Fenugreek, Nigella and Fennel seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Cardamom Pods crushed
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 inch Ginger chopped finely
- 2/3 cup Rice white or quinoa is also an option
- 1 cup Yellow Lentils Masoor/Toor/Mung as available
- 4 cups Water
- Strain and soak the rice and lentils for 4-5 hours or ideally overnight
- In a heated pan, temper the whole spices(five spice+cinnamon+crushed cardamom) and ginger in ghee till it crackles
- Add turmeric and salt and saute for 30 seconds
- Add the soaked and strained rice and the lentils. Stir in with the spices for few seconds
- Add the water
- Simmer for 40 mins to 1 hour with a lid
- Sprinkle some sugar
- Remove after its soft and mushy. Serve with yogurt or sprinkle lemon juice