Simplicity does wonders. I am not even joking about the boost my health has got since I have turned my meals into a highly simple, traditional and connecting affair. You need food which your body needs NOT craves. Cravings just mean that your body is lacking a particular nutrient which is then fulfilled by not so healthy options. Explore the possibility of simplicity in your life and see the wonders that take place almost immediately.
Healing Green Lentil Bowl
- 1 cup Green Lentils
- 1 large Sweet Potato Cubed
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 bunch Spinach/ Swiss Chard Chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Five spice blend Equal parts mustard seeds+fennel seeds+nigella seeds+fenugreek seeds+cumin seeds
- Soak and sprout the green lentils using these instructions. Click here.
- Boil the sweet potato cubes in 1/2 cup water for 5-7 minutes
- Add the sprouts and the rest 1 cup water. Let the mixture cook for another 7-10 minutes.
- Next add spinach/swiss chard and stir gently. Add water according to the amount of curry base you want. Cook for another 5-7 minutes
- In a separate small heated pan, add ghee.Temper the five spice mixture till the seeds start popping.
- Add this spice mixture to the cooking curry. Stir and let sit for few minutes
- Serve with yogurt on the side