This dish is high in dietary fiber, colorful and flavor. Masala oats will keep you satiated for hours keeping you away from sugar and refined carb cravings of donuts, bagels, croissants etc.
Best part about this dish is that you can customize the veggies and make this in less than 15 minutes.
Top with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, nuts etc for added fat. Do remember to add protein to the side for a full well balanced meal:
Non Vegetarians : Eggs
Vegetarians* : Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
*Paneer can be added at the step of when tomato is added.
Enjoy this delicious meal 🙂
Veggie Loaded Masala Oats
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Medium Tomato Chopped
- 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Beans Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Carrots Thinly Sliced/Chopped
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 Tsp Black Salt/Himalayan Pink Salt add extra according to taste
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Heat the pan for few minutes, Add 1 Tsp of oil/ghee
- When the oil is heated up, add in the chopped onions . Sauté for 1 minute
- Next add in the green beans, carrots and peas . Sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add in 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and let it boil for few minutes on low to medium flame.
- Next add turmeric, black pepper and salt. Cover again and boil for 1 minute
- Add in the oats and the chopped tomato. Add a little more water if you see most of it evaporated. Cover and cook for 3-5 mins. Make sure to stir in between
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and if required lemon